Definitely a big hit! Students drew out a plan before they were allowed to start using a half mask template or a whole mask template ( I drew one of each on copy paper and students could choose) We used plastic molds and strips of plaster (you can order them through Blick) that were dipped into water and then smoother over the mold. Depending on the design students either did two layers on the same day if they didn't have any embellishments, or one layer and let it dry, then added wire for horns, beaks or whatever, and added another layer. After a few hours of drying the masks easily popped off the mold. ( I found it better to take them off before they dried completely.) Then students painted however they wished. If they used the neon tempera I had them put a gloss acrylic medium over it.