okay, so I already painted two sailboat pieces, but didn't take pictures (will do next time I return to VA Beach).
MORE IMPORTANTLY- I GOT A J-O-B. not just any job, but an art teaching job! SURPRISE! Just when I was about to be happy with a para position, an intermediate (8th and 9th grade) position opened.
Things I am MOST excited about this new position:
1. It is OLDER students. I loved my elementary kids, but this is the level I want.
2. I get to see the students for more than 45 minutes a week. Try 1hr20 ( I think) every day for 90 days!
3. I have another art teacher right next to me!!
4. The school district is really awesome ( happens to be the school system my husband and 1/2 of my in-laws went through)
5. The art department has 2 kilns and 6 pottery wheels!
6. #5 means I get to expand my own knowledge of 3D- bring on the pottery blogs!
7. Because of #2 I get to use ideas I have always wanted, but never had time for, and maybe learn names faster than December ( I say maybe b/c I am terrible with names)
8. I get to do more advanced projects because the students are older
9. The school district is extremely personable- I really didn't think that you could get more personable than Piedmont, OK- but Carroll County- you did it!
10. I CAN'T wait for the first day of school. August 9th.
Congratulations with your new job!!!!ReplyDelete
Congrats on the job! School starts August 9?! Where are you located? Here in NY we start the day after Labor Day - a full month after you!ReplyDelete
That's great! I hope you have a wonderful year.ReplyDelete
thanks! I am in southwest virginia- last year they had 21 snow days, so we start early just incase we have to add on at the end. unlike NY we don't have all of the equipment to clear icy streets.ReplyDelete
Hee hee - if we closed every time it snowed or was icy we wouldn't have school from November through March! I guess we are hardy souls here in northern NY. Your job sounds terrific - good luck!ReplyDelete
Great post i must say and thanks for the information. Education is definitely a sticky subject. However, is still among the leading topics of our time. I appreciate your post and look forward to more. Sailboat ParadiseReplyDelete
Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today i find it finally. this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me. Sailboat ParadiseReplyDelete